For the first time in years, the volunteer house in Taroudant was full of volunteers who got involved in various areas of our work.
MCT is very grateful to each and every one of them for their dedication and hard work!
We were lucky to welcome 8 new talented and motivated faces:
- Rosie, from Finland, joined us in May. She is a student in International Development at Edinburgh University. She came to carry out a research on the community’s attitude towards child protection. She led activities with associations that work with children, surveying adults and children on how best the community can protect children.
- Reggie, from the Clinton School in the United States, joined us early May. He carried out an evaluation of Centre Amane’s school support project. He also taught English classes, in addition to supporting activities at the Centre. Reggie was also involved in designing a new website for the project CARE (Citizen’s Access to Civil Registration).
- Brittney, also from the Clinton School in the United States, joined us late May. She taught English classes at Centre Amane, in addition to supporting activities and volunteering at Lalla Amina orphanage.
- Linn, from the Netherlands, came to Taroudant in June. She volunteered at Lalla Amina orphanage and she supported activities at Centre Amane.
- Elena, from Italy, joined our team in June. She was involved in teaching French classes, activities with children at Centre Amane, as well as volunteering at Lalla Amina orphanage.
- Faye, from Germany, came to Taroudant in June. She led and supported activities with children at Centre Amane, in addition to volunteering at Lalla Amina orphanage. She also took over Reggie’s and Brittney’s English classes after their departure.
- Lucille, from Italy, joined us in July. She is a student at the London School of Oriental and African Studies. She carried out interviews as part of a research on single mothers and the obstacles they face when officially registering their child.
- Hassa, from Morroco, joined us in August. She helped translate interviews from Darija to English for the CARE project. She also supported activities at Centre Amane and volunteered at Lalla Amina orphanage.
Great job everyone! We look forward to welcoming all of you back to Taroudant!
Nshoufoukoum fTaroudant In Sha Allah!