The national conference for Project CARE took place on the 3rd May 2017 in Rabat. It was organised by the Fondation Amane team who have been working on the project since July 2016 with the support of MCT trustee Aicha Aloui who was fundamental in the organisation of the logistics in Rabat during the lead up to the conference itself…
The objective was to bringing together key actors involved in the civil registration process on a regional and national level. The following were presented:
– the results from the project on a provincial and regional level.
– the statistics and evidence collected in order to highlight the issues involved in registering children in Morocco.
– the perspectives on civil registration from the national ministries involved in the process
– our recommendations for reform that have been developed over the course of the project itself
– the legal proposition for judicial reform to tackle the legal issues encounter by the team on the ground and the participants we have worked with.
We invited responsible’s for civil registration including: the education, the health, the authorities and the justice departments. We also invited people that we closely work with on a regional and provincial level over the course of the project as well as those responsible within the national ministries in Rabat. A wide range of active representatives from civil society across the region of Souss and Morocco in general were present.
The speakers were made up of members from the various national ministries and experts in the field of civil registration. Each of them giving their perspective on the civil registration process in Morocco.
The results from the project were presented by our very own Abdellah Soussi and the recommendations from the project, the legal reform were presented by law professors from the university Ibn Zohr who have been supporting our work. who also chaired the discussion at the end.
The next step is to present our legal reform to various political parties and advocate for those elected officials on the national level take on the responsibility of making the changes that we are fighting for.
Press video – Channel 1 news – https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7IcBoAhUtpVeTg3MlJ3d0tZQ28
Article in french – http://actuelles.ma/?p= 3554